Here is an easy, free way that you can help support the Cougar Band & Guard! With your holiday shopping just around the corner, please consider registering for Amazon Smile and/or Installing Amazon Assistant in your browser. By doing so, and choosing the Cougar Band as your designated charity, Amazon will contribute one half of a percent of all purchases to the Cougar Band & Guard.
Step 1 -- if you are not already enrolled in Amazon Smile, to sign up:
1) Go to http://smile.amazon.com
2) For your preferred charity, type "College Station Cougar" in the search box and then select "College Station Cougar Band Boosters Inc."
Remember -- all purchases you make are the same cost to you, but the Cougar Band gets a donation every time you shop at Amazon.
Step 2 -- (Optional but recommended) -- Install Amazon Assistant.
The problem with Amazon Smile is you have to remember to go to smile.amazon.com instead of just amazon.com. Also, if you shop from the app on your phone, it does not go to Smile, although you CAN shop from a web browser on your phone if you enter smile.amazon.com. As a result, I know often times I would find myself clicking the "Place Order" button and then thinking "Oops -- I forgot to order that through Smile..." (NOTE: You CAN put items in your cart on the phone app, just make sure you wait and place the order from smile.amazon.com on your computer.)
However, I have just discovered a great way around this problem. if you install the Amazon Assistant in your browser, it will allow you to enable Amazon Smile (once you are already enrolled as in step one above) in Amazon Assistant, and then anytime you use Amazon Assistant to go to Amazon, it automatically redirects you to Smile!
Note: Amazon Assistant also notices when you are shopping online at other places, and "helpfully" compares the Amazon price for you. To do that, it has to "sends limited browsing information, including some URLs, search terms, and search results, to Amazon." If this bothers you, then you should not install Assistant. I am an avid Amazon Prime fan, so I actually like to know when an item is available on Amazon at a better price, especially since I can get it with free two day shipping. But I understand some people may be concerned about their online shopping privacy or uneasy with this behavior.
To install Amazon Assistant:
1) Make sure you are already registered for Amazon Smile.
2) Click the following link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/BIT
3) Then click the yellow button for "Install Now for...(your browser)" and follow the instructions.
4) When prompted on the confirmation screen to enable Amazon Smile, please do.
5) Anytime you want to shop at Amazon, click the Amazon Assistant icon in your browser bar and then either click the Amazon Smile logo or enter a search term in the search box to be transported to Amazon Smile.
Thanks for your support of the Cougar Band Boosters!